After the experience of a slow and steady flight, I came to a realization. I had started my journey as a pilot with the mentality that it was my clumsy thumbs alone that were flying the plane. With that mentality, the only hope for a steady flight with my CHAMP would be for my thumbs to improve their skills. A whole new world of possibilities opened up when my dad had worked his electronic magic on the controller. The minute I saw that little plane flying low, slow, steady, and true, I knew I was in love with flying. The fact that my thumbs were able to maintain that steady flight simply solidified that feeling.
This time, however, I was braving the field by myself and crossing my fingers that I could duplicate what my dad had accomplished. Of course, my nerves were heightened a bit with the fact that my boyfriend was with me and excited to see all that we had been bragging about from the last flight. I decided that the key to the day would be patience. The first flight attempt was a little rocky because the controller calibration wasn’t ideal for the slight breeze we were experiencing. A few beeps and buttons later, I was able to figure out how to adjust the elevators in order to counter the little plane’s tendency to climb dramatically. My boyfriend looked at me with a huge grin on his face and I couldn’t help but to return it. I had successfully duplicated the low, steady, calm flight, and I was thrilled.
Signup for Email Alerts!
Help Finding Something?
Recent Posts – “New Stuff”
What Hobbyists Have To Say
- Hobby Express Celebrates Golden Anniversary, Looks Back at 50 Years in Business | TonYacht.com on Hobby Lobby International Rebrands to Become Hobby Express
- Hobby Lobby International Rebrands to Become Hobby Express | RC Engines Nitro on Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Buys Brand Names from Hobby Lobby International
- Mark on Our Telemaster Planes
- Jack on CELEBRATING 50 YEARS OF TELEMASTER PRODUCTS
- Hobby Express Celebrates Golden Anniversary, Looks Back at 50 Years in Business - Frank Lamark, Frank M. Lamark, Frank Michael Lamark | Frank Lamark, Frank M. Lamark, Frank Michael Lamark on Hobby Lobby International Rebrands to Become Hobby Express
Categories Available To You
- All I want For Christmas (13)
- Heli Haven (R/C Helicopters) (27)
- Motors (1)
- R/C Models (81)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Wake Zone (R/C Boats) (8)
- Wild Wheels (R/C Cars) (21)
- Wing World (R/C Model Airplanes) (167)
Archives – “Old Stuff”